Ingredients:1. Aloo (Potato) - 4 nos
2. Onion - 1 medium (cut in lengthwise)
3. Green chilly - 5 nos
4. Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
For seasoning:1. Oil - 2 tsp
2. Fenenl seeds - 1/4 tsp
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
4. Bengal gram (chana dal) - 2 tsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Curry & coriander leaves - some
Method of preparation1. Cook the potatoes with some salt, remove the skin. Mash it (dont mash like a paste). Keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 tsps of oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds. Allow the seeds to crackle and then add fennel seeds, bengal gram(kadalai parupu). Once bengal gram turned into red color, add the onion, green chillies and turmeric. Mix it well.
3. Allow the onion to get soft and then add mashed potatos with some salt. Mix it well & cook for 3 minutes. If the mixture is so thick then add 1/4 cup of water.
4. Finally add curry & coriander leaves and mix it well.
That's it! Puri kilangu is ready.