3. Semiya kichadi
4. Rava Kichadi
IngredientsToor dal - 1 cup(soaked)
Tomato - 1 medium (cut into pieces)
Tamarind juice - 2 tsp
Onion -1 small (cut in length-wise)
Green chillies - 2 nos
Sambar powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coconut - 2 tsp (grated)
Salt to taste
Seasoning:Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Asafoedita powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - some
Curry leaves - some
Ghee - 2 tsp
Method of Preparation1. In a pressure cooker, add soaked toor dal, tomato, tamarind juice, onion, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water. Cover the cooker and start heating in medium flame and allow the cooker up to 3 to 4 whistles.
2. After 20 mins, check if dal is cooked nicely. If not, add some water and cook it again. Once it is cooked, mash the dal and keep it aside.
3. Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Allow seeds to crackle and then add urad dal. Once urad dal became golden color, add curry leaves and asafoetida powder. Now take the pan out and pour this into dal mixture.
4. In a mixi bowl, add 2 tsps of grated coconut and grind it nicely. Once done, add this dal mixture and add 2 cups of water. Mix it well.
5. Now keep the mixture in stove and boil for 10 mins in a medium flame. Now the coconut and water should be mixed with dal. Add sambar powder and coriander leaves, mix it well and cook for a minute.
6. Finally add 2 tsps of ghee and switch off stove.
Now the yummy south indian idli sambar is ready for your tiffin!!!