Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 3 nos
Mint (pudina) - 1 handful
Coconut milk -1/2 cup
Ghee - 3 tsp
whole garam masala (cloves, cardamom, bay leaves & cinnamon sticks)
Coriander leaves - some
Salt to taste
Method of preparation1. Soak the rice for 20 mins.
2. Heat the heavy bottom pan with 3 tsp of ghee. Add whole garam masala. Once the whole garam masala got fried enough, add the onion and green chillies.
3. Fry the onion, green chilly for a minute and then add mint leaves and ginger garlic paste. Fry this until the raw smell goes off.
4. Now add 1/2 cup cup of coconut milk and one cup of water. Once the water get boiling, add the rice and coriander leaves and some salt mix it well.
5. Now you can transfer this mixture into a rice cooker or pressure cooker or you can cover the lid in the pan itself and cook the rice in a medium flame.
- Onion raita
- panner butter masala
- Butter gopi masala
Difference between ghee rice and kuskaThe recipe for ghee rice is similar to kuska biryani. Difference between ghee rice and kuska is:
1. Use ghee instead of oil
2. No need of tomatoes for ghee rice.
Click here to see the recipe for kuska.