Ingredients:1. Rava - 1 cup(fried)
2. Onion - 1 small(cut in length wise)
3. Beans - 15 counts (chopped)
4. Carrots - 1/4 cup (chopped)
5. Peas - 1/4 cup
6. Potato - 1/4 cup (chopped)
7. Tomato -1 (medium chopped)
8. Ginger - some (chopped)
9. Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
10. Green chillies - 2 nos
11. Turmeric - 1/8 tsp
Seasoning1. Oil - 3 tsp
2. Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
3. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Ghee - 2 tsp
6. Coriander leaves - some
Method of preparation1. Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan, add 1 cup of rava. Fry for 5 mins in a medium flame. Fry the rava until he raw smell goes off. Once it is done keep aside.
2. Heat 4 tsp of oil in a bottom heavy pan and add mustard seeds. Allow the mustard seeds to crackle and then add fennel seeds. Once the fennel seeds got red color, add onion and green chillies.
3. Fry the onion for 2 mins and then add chopped ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute and then add the chopped beans, carrot and pottato with some salt. Fry the vegetables for 3 mins and then add tomato.
4. Allow the tomato to get soft. Now add turmeric powder and mix it well.
5. Now add 2.5 cups of water in the mixture. Once the water gets boiling reduce the flame into low and add the rava slowly. When you are adding the rava, stir it continuously otherwise the rava won't get mixed properly. Once you are done with this cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
6. After 2 minutes, open the lid and add 1 tsp of ghee and coriander leaves. Mix it gently.
Now the yummy hot rava kichadi is ready to eat.