Ingredients:1. Basmati rice - 1 cup.
2. Onion - 1 small (cut in length wise)
3. Green beans 1/4 cup (finally chopped)
4. Carrot - 1/4 cup (cut in lengthwise and finally chopped)
5. cabbage - 1/2 cup (cut in lengthwise and finally chopped)
6. Peas - 1/2 cup
7. Bell pepper - 1/4 cup
8. White pepper powder - 1 tsp
9. Oil - 2 tsp
11.Salt to taste
Method of preparation:1. Soak the basmati rice for about 30 mins. Add some salt and cook the rice with one and half water. Once the rice is cooked, cool the rice.
2.Transfer the cooked white rice into big bowl(basin) and sprinkle 1 or 2 spoons of oil so the rice won't be sticky.
3. Heat the oil in the medium non-stick pan. Add the onion, cook it for a minute and then add green beans and some salt.
4. Green beans will take sometimes so cook it for 2 minutes and then add chopped carrot and green peas. Once the carrot and peas got softer, add the bell pepper & cabbage. Mix it well and cook for a minute.
5. Now add the rice, coriander leaves and pepper powder. Mix it gently. Fry the rice for a minute. It will give good smell to the rice.
Now the authentic south indian veg fried rice is ready to be served..If you like more spicy, add more pepper powder as per your needs.
Best companion:Fruits and nuts raita is very good combination for this rice.
Click here to see how to make fruits and nuts raita.